Alpine image with Prometheus
Tags & Dockerfile
What is Prometheus?
Prometheus is an open-source systems monitoring and alerting toolkit originally built at SoundCloud.
Prometheus's main features are:
- A multi-dimensional data model (time series identified by metric name and key/value pairs)
- A flexible query language to leverage this dimensionality
- No reliance on distributed storage; single server nodes are autonomous
- Time series collection happens via a pull model over HTTP
- Pushing time series is supported via an intermediary gateway
- Targets are discovered via service discovery or static configuration
- Multiple modes of graphing and dashboarding support
$ docker run -d --name prometheus -p 9090:9090 jfusterm/prometheus
The configuration file
prometheus.yml is located under
Docker Pull Command