Video conference server OpenMCU-ru
Authors are listed in the file "AUTHORS".
License: MPL, see file "COPYING" for details. Some plugins have
other (open source) licenses - see the appropriate files in the plugin folders.
Installation instructions can be found in the file "INSTALL".
Changelog can be found in the file "NEWS".
OpenMCU-ru is an open-source Mutli Conference Unit using the H.323, SIP and RTSP
protocols (software MCU). It is fork of the original OpenMCU with many new features.
Server runs on Linux, Windows and FreeBSD.
OpenMCU-ru has the following features:
- configuration and control via the web interface on port 1420
(use for connecting: http://host:1420)
- supported interface languages: English, French, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Ukrainian
- supported protocols: H.323, RTSP, SIP
- built-in H.323 Gatekeeper
- built-in SIP registrar
- RTSP server and client
- internal calls, including between different protocols
- supported video codecs: H.261, H.263, H.263+, H.264, MP4V-ES, VP8
- supported audio codecs: G.711, G.722, G.722.1, G.722.1C, G.722.2, G723.1, G.726, G.729, iLBC, Speex, SILK, OPUS
- does not require codec hardware to operate
- outgoing video is cached to reduce the load on the server
- several different conferences can be taking place at the same time
using different 'rooms'
- display statistics on calls in real time
- initiate calls from the MCU to remote endpoints
- conference recording
- conference translation as web stream
OpenMCU-ru listens on H.323 and SIP ports for incoming connections.
On incoming connection server creates room, specified by remote
terminal and connects client to this room. If client did not specify
any room then client will be connected to default room
("room101" by default, can be changed in options).
You can call to the server using the destination address:
New rooms are created automatically when they are accessed.
Also, there is default room for clients which did not specify room
or which are unable to specify it (for example NetMeeting).
During the conference you will hear other members and will see them
in the video window. You can setup voice activation detection (VAD),
change screen layout and configure other parameters via the web interface.