This Dockerfile extends the karelbemelmans/d7-docker-base image and serves as an example how to use the base image for your own Docker container.
This project has 2 goals:
- Use Docker to build a deployable container [DONE]
- Use Docker for local development
Currently I'm working on the first one, the second one will come when the first one is done.
- Docker version 1.12 (I use the OSX beta currently)
- docker-compose (I used version 1.7.1)
How to run this example
docker-compose upto create all the containers
- Surf to http://localhost/install.php to install Drupal
- Enable modules in Drupal
Creating a deployable container
This project includes a docker-compose.yml file that created a local MySQL container. This container does not have a data volume, so if you remove this container you also remove all the MySQL data! In production you would not run this MySQL container on the same host, this is just an example setup so you would not need any external service.*