This is my minimal customized Subsonic image based on Alpine (with my alpine image).
No root process.
• Packages from khirin/tomcat
• Configuration from khirin/tomcat
• Added a secondary group : friends (1111)
The purpose of the secondary group is to grant tomcat user with an access to my music mount point.
Can be changed depending of your needs or simply deleted ;)
• /music (RO) : Music mount point from the host.
• /data (RW) : Where all subsonic data will be store.
• /playlists (RW) : Where the playlists will be store.
• /podcasts (RW) : Obvious enough ?
docker volume create --name subsonic_data docker volume create --name subsonic_playlists docker volume create --name subsonic_podcasts
• Run : Will use the default configuration above.
• Build : Example of custom build. You can also directly modify the Dockerfile (I won't be mad, promis !)
• Create : Example of custom create.
docker run --detach \ -v "/my_music_folder:/music:ro" \ -v "subsonic_data:/data:rw" \ -v "subsonic_playlists:/playlists:rw" \ -v "subsonic_podcasts:/podcasts:rw" \ --publish 8080:8080 \ khirin/subsonic
docker build --no-cache=true \ --force-rm \ -t repo/subsonic .
docker create --hostname=subsonic \ --name subsonic \ -v "/my_music_folder:/music:ro" \ -v "subsonic_data:/data:rw" \ -v "subsonic_playlists:/playlists:rw" \ -v "subsonic_podcasts:/podcasts:rw" \ -p 8080:8080 \ repo/subsonic
All my images are based on my personal knowledge and inspired by many projects of the Docker community.
If you recognize yourself in some working approaches, you might be one of my inspirations (Thanks!).