This is my minimal customized Tomcat image based on Alpine (with my alpine image).
No root process.
The only purpose for this image is to be the starting point for my tomcat apps.
• Packages from khirin/alpine
• Configuration from khirin/alpine
• Default user (UID) : tomcat (2000)
• Default group (GID) : tomcat (2000)
• Default port : 8080
This image isn't made for being directly used so use it for testing only.
• Run : Will use the default configuration above. Only for testing.
• Build : Example of custom build. You can also directly modify the Dockerfile (I won't be mad, promis !)
• Create : Example of custom create. Only for testing.
docker run --detach -p 8080:8080 khirin/tomcat
docker build --no-cache=true \ --force-rm \ --build-arg UID="2000" \ --build-arg GID="2000" \ --build-arg PORT="8080" \ -t repo/tomcat .
docker create -p 8080:8080 --hostname=tomcat --name tomcat repo/tomcat
All my images are based on my personal knowledge and inspired by many projects of the Docker community.
If you recognize yourself in some working approaches, you might be one of my inspirations (Thanks!).