OSSEC v2.8 Copyright (C) 2014 Trend Micro Inc.
Information about OSSEC
OSSEC is a full platform to monitor and control your systems. It mixes together
all the aspects of HIDS (host-based intrusion detection), log monitoring and
SIM/SIEM together in a simple, powerful and open source solution.
Visit our website for the latest information. www.ossec.net
The current stable releases are available on the ossec website.
The development version are hosted on Github and just a simple git clone away.
# (cd /tmp/ && wget http://www.ossec.net/files/ossec-hids-2.7.1.tar.gz && tar xfz ossec-hids-2.7.1.tar.gz && cd ossec-hids-2.7.1 && sudo ./install.sh )
Then follow the prompts. You should still Read the Documenation here.
Credits and Thanks
- OSSEC comes with a modified version of zlib and a small part
of openssl (sha1 and blowfish libraries)
- This product includes software developed by the OpenSSL Project
for use in the OpenSSL Toolkit (http://www.openssl.org/).
- This product includes cryptographic software written by Eric
- This product include software developed by the zlib project
(Jean-loup Gailly and Mark Adler).
- This product include software developed by the cJSON project