This project is a simple Docker image that installs Amazon ECS descriptors and installs them to an
existing ECS cluster. The idea is to make this a step in a CI pipeline.
- a working Docker engine
- a working Docker Compose installation
- existing ECS descriptors published via the Docker ECS Publication container
docker-compose build to build the image.
Docker will automatically install the newly built image into the cache.
#Tips and Tricks
##Testing The Image
docker-compose up will launch the image allowing you to test your configuration and descriptors. The
docker-compose.yml file controls
how the container obtains the descriptors and needs to be modified to match your environment. The default values will not work for you.
##Required Environment Variables
The following must be specified in the container's environment in order for it to operate correctly.
- AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID - the Amazon access ID to use when uploading the decriptors
- AWS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY - the Amazon access key to use when uploading the descriptors
- AWS_REGION - the Amazon region the ECS cluster resides. eg. us-west-2
- BRANCH - the VCS branch the descriptors live in. Used to construct the version. Only the values of
- MAJOR - the major version number, see Semantic Versioning. Used to construct the version.
- MINOR - the minor version number, see Semantic Versioning. Used to construct the version.
- PATCH - the patch version number, see Semantic Versioning. Used to construct the version.
- GROUP - the group portion of the Maven coordinates to use when fetching the descriptors, eg. org.kurron com.transparent.experiment
- RELEASE_URL - the URL where
masterbranch descriptors live, eg.
- MILESTONE_URL - the URL where
developmentbranch live, eg.
- ARTIFACT_ID - the name portion of the Maven coordinates of the descriptors, eg. example-container
#License and Credits
This project is licensed under the Apache License Version 2.0, January 2004.
#List of Changes