Arch Linux with Chef installed system-wide from Rubygems
Pull this image with
docker pull logankoester/archlinux-chef.
CHEF_VERSION ENV variable if a specific version is desired.
In your Dockerfile, include the line
If you are using Automated Builds,
you may also want to create a Repository Link.
To do so, go to the Settings panel of your build repository on Docker Hub registry and
add a repository link to
This means your image will be rebuilt whenever a build has executed on
Be careful if you decide to do this, since package updates might break your image.
- Updates default CHEF_VERSION to 12.4.1
- Fixes broken (404) ruby-bundler archive URL
- Updates default CHEF_VERSION to 12.3.0
- Updates default CHEF_VERSION to 12.2.1
- Chef is now installed through Rubygems (system-wide) instead of Omnibus. This was prompted
by a change in
pacmanwhich broke the omnibus-chef-git
package, but turned out to be much better. This image now takes far less time to build, is
less error-prone, and offers the full choice of Chef versions through the
- Initial release.
Copyright (c) 2014-2016 Logan Koester. Released under the MIT license. See
LICENSE file for details.