Bridge is a simple, web based docker manging app based on node.js. It's main goal is to wrap the docker API/CLI into a simple webinterface.
bridge is different from other docker mangement tools.
- simple -
bridgeaims to be a very simple convenience wrapper of the docker api for the web
- single node -
bridgeis made to manage a single docker daemon, not cluster (this might come in the future)
- integrated -
bridgeintegrates with services like the docker registry.
- batteries included -
bridgetargets users that have common docker tasks in ther minds: pull, restart, schedule a docker run etc.
Features in development:
- container management - pull & run containers with all required parameters like volumes, ports, links etc.
- registry connection - auto pull & deploy container after registry push.
- security - single user via HTTP basic auth. (Note: you should always use SSL for you server. cloudflare offers free ssl!)
Features that will be included later
- scheduler - cronjob like scheduler for running containers.
configuration & setup
- ADMIN_NAME - username used for authentication
- ADMIN_PASSWORD - password used for authentication
to connect to your docker installation use one of the following combination:
- DOCKER_UNIX_SOCKET_PATH - maybe together with a -v that links the unix socket into the bridge container. (note: you have the set the -H parameter in the docker config at /var/default/docker)
- SLACK_URL - the slack url to be called, if an event is triggered.
using certs & external host (eg boot2docker), deamonized
docker run -d --name bridge \ -e ADMIN_NAME=admin \ -e ADMIN_PASSWORD=4dm1n \ -e DOCKER_HOST=$DOCKER_HOST \ -e DOCKER_CERT_PATH=/cert \ -p 8080:8080 \ -v $DOCKER_CERT_PATH:/cert \ magege/bridge
using mounted unix socket
docker run -d --name bridge \ -e ADMIN_NAME=admin \ -e ADMIN_PASSWORD=4dm1n \ -e DOCKER_UNIX_SOCKET_PATH=/var/run/docker.sock \ -p 8080:8080 \ -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock \ magegu/bridge
run server with nodemon
nodemon app.js -e js,html
docker build -t magegu/bridge .
- dockerode - an awesome docker node.js library
- express - node.js web application framework
- angular - angular.js frontend framework
- lots of other libraries :)