Most users should go on :
Instruction for developers
The only targeted/tested OS for development is currently GNU/Linux. However, you can install it on other platforms, which are supported by Docker (GNU/Linux, FreeBSD, Windows 64bits, MAC OSX).
Magrit uses JS (particularly the D3 library) in the browser for interface and map rendering.
Some geoprocessing tasks are delegated to the server part: a python 3.5+ application.
Magrit can be served or build by various means:
- Installing for development
- Installing for development (with a python virtual environnement)
- Deploying with Docker
<p><img src="https://magrit.hypotheses.org/files/2017/02/worldpop.png" height="250"/><img src="https://magrit.hypotheses.org/files/2017/02/smoothed2.png" height="250"/><img src="https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mthh/magrit/master/magrit_app/static/img/gallery/popdensity_africa.png" height="250"/></p>
More examples are available in the gallery.
Contributing to Magrit :
Contributions are welcome! There are various way to contribute to the project:
- Feedback and bug reports
- Translation (French, English and Spanish languages are currently available)
- Code contribution (you're in the right place! Clone the repo, fix what you want to be fixed and submit a pull request)
- Contribute to the gallery