OMERO error logs reporting system
This is a Slack bot for monitoring OMERO log files.
Requires Python 2.7+. Install the following Python module requirements, either system wide, or into a Virtualenv:
pip install -r requirements.txt
Clone this repository:
git clone https://github.com/manics/omero-fenton.git cd omero-fenton
Create the configuration file by copying
example.cfg and editting.
- Create a bot-user and token from https://my.slack.com/services/new/bot
- Enter the Slack connection details: bot-user, Slack token, channel (including
- Each log file has its own configuration section, section headings should be changed and will be printed alongside log messages.
fileshould be the path to a log file, for convenience you can just symlink the OMERO logs directory into the current directory.
- Rate limits are applied per file.
- If you want to interact with the bot you must invite the bot-user to the channel, otherwise you will only receive notifications.
Run the bot from the current directory:
python OmeroFenton.py -f CONFIGURATION.CFG