#Supported tags and respective Dockerfile links
What is adop-nginx?
adop-nginx provides Nginx with LDAP support. Nginx is a high performance reverse proxy. This image also has the LDAP authentiction module installed.
How to use this image
$ docker run --name <your-container-name> -dt \ -v /resources/configuration:/resources/configuration:ro \ -v /resources/release_note:/resources/release_note:ro \ -v /var/log:/var/log -p 443:443 \ -p 80:80 \ adop/nginx:VERSION
The nginx configuration is externalised and stored the 'resources' directory.
Runtime configuration can be provided using environment variables:
- LDAP_SERVER, the LDPA URI, i.e. ldap-host:389
- LDAP_USERNAME, the LDAP BASE_DN
- LDAP_PASSWORD, the password to use connecting to LDAP service using the provided username
- LDAP_USER_BASE_DN, the LDAP user BASE_DN
- LDAP_GROUP_ATTRIBUTE, LDAP object field attribute the defines group appartenence
- LDAP_USER_ID_ATTRIBUTE, LDAP object field attribute the defines the user identifier
- LDAP_USER_OBJECT_CLASS, LDAP user object class
- FRESH, bool parameter, specifies is it fresh installation, or container should reuse already existing config
Please view licence information for the software contained on this image.
#Supported Docker versions
This image is officially supported on Docker version 1.9.1.
Support for older versions (down to 1.6) is provided on a best-effort basis.
Documentation for this image is available in the Nginx documentation page.
Additional documentaion can be found under the
docker-library/docs GitHub repo. Be sure to familiarize yourself with the repository's
README.md file before attempting a pull request.
If you have any problems with or questions about this image, please contact us through a GitHub issue.
You are invited to contribute new features, fixes, or updates, large or small; we are always thrilled to receive pull requests, and do our best to process them as fast as we can.
Before you start to code, we recommend discussing your plans through a GitHub issue, especially for more ambitious contributions. This gives other contributors a chance to point you in the right direction, give you feedback on your design, and help you find out if someone else is working on the same thing.