This is a repository for the docker image to use the WebRTC functionality in Mattermost.
The feature is currently intended as a working prototype for community development and not recommended for production. See documentation to learn more.
To contribute, please see Contribution Guidelines.
To file issues, search for existing bugs and file a GitHub issue if your bug is new. For connection issues, see existing forum thread to torubleshoot.
Mattermost WebRTC Docker Preview Image
This is a single-machine Docker image for previewing the Mattermost WebRTC features.
Please see documentation for usage.
If you have Docker already set up, you can run this image in one line:
docker run --name mattermost-webrtc -p 7088:7088 -p 7089:7089 -p 8188:8188 -p 8189:8189 -d mattermost/webrtc:latest
Configuring Mattermost WebRTC
In Mattermost System Console -> Integrations -> WebRTC (Beta) and set the following:
- Enable Mattermost WebRTC: true
- Gateway Websocket URL: wss://dockerhost:8189
- Gateway Admin URL: https://dockerhost:7089/admin
- Gateway Admin Secret: janusoverlord
- Leave Blank STUN URI, TURN URI, TURN Username and TURN Shared Key unless you have Coturn configured.
Because the WebRTC docker image uses a self-signed certificate you need to enable the ability to make
requests from Mattermost to external services using insecure connections.
In Mattermost System Console -> Security -> Connections:
- Enable Insecure Outgoing Connections: true