This container extends the "
mhvelplund/nagios" container by adding the configuration frontend, NagiosQL.
To run, this container needs a MySQL 5.5 container to be linked with the alias "db". A Docker Compose configuration has been provided to help.
With DC, the container can be started by typing:
docker-compose up -d
This starts the containers in daemon mode, and opens a web-server on port 10080 of the Docker host.
The first time the container is started, NagiosQL must be configure. Simply go to the following URL, "
http://<dockerhost>:10080/nagiosql" and complete the setup wizard.
- Make sure "Local hostname or IP address" is set to "localhost"
- Set "Administrative Database Password" to "root". It must match the MySQL root password defined in the compose file), and check all the boxes
- Check the box "Drop database if already exists"
- Pick an "Initial NagiosQL Password" and retype it below
- Check the box "Import Nagios sample config"
- Check the box "Create NagiosQL config paths"
- Click next twice
NagiosQL is now configured.
NagiosQL runs on "
Nagios runs on "
The login username for Nagios is "nagiosadm", and the password is whatever the "NAGIOSADM_PW" is set to in the Compose file (default: nagios).