srl-roles: code for deploying experiments
These are all the systems that the SRL uses in our experiments.
On all nodes:
- Setup passwordless SSH and sudo
- Install Docker
Start an experiment master:
Pick an experiment and configure it:
[EXPERIMENT_MASTER] cd roles/ceph/test [EXPERIMENT_MASTER] cp hosts.template hosts
Run the job:
[EXPERIMENT_MASTER] ansible-playbook experiment.yml
This repository has the infrastructure (code, scripts, etc.) for running experiments and graphing results. It deploys, measures, and tears down different systems. Experiments are standalone; they require no extra software or setup.
- Reproducibility: exchanging code and starting the systems for another person
- Tuning and Benchmarking: running jobs overnight and fully utilizing the cluster
- Performance Bug Fixes: automatically test multiple code revisions
- Isolation: system libraries do not interfere with each other
See the docs directory for information on setting up experiments and for additional developer resources.