What is logFaces?
logFaces is a centralized logging system for applications, more info here.
What is in this image?
This image contains a server part of logFaces package, it should fit most commonly used environments out there. Here is the Dockerfile:
FROM centos ADD lfs.docker.tar.gz /root ENV LFS_HOME=/root/lfs/home LFS_XMS=512 LFS_XMX=1024 EXPOSE 8050 55200 55201 55202 55203 1468 1469 514 515 CMD /root/lfs/bin/lfs console
Feel free to improvise, but keep in mind the following several points:
- The tarball distribution needs to be obtained from our downloads.
- This distribution comes with its own headless JRE (Oracle Java 8), no need to install any other JRE.
- logFaces server requires external volume mounted for its home location LFS_HOME where it expects to find its license, configuration and other artifacts produced at run time. Those are logs, overflow files, configuration files, temp files, etc. This mounted volume will be passed to the Docker run command as an argument, so make sure to create its directory on hosting computer beforehand.
- Note LFS_XMS and LFS_XMX environment variables - they specify initial and maximum memory for logFaces server JVM. These variables must be present in image.
- Note the ports exposed by this image - the 8050 is the front port for clients and admin, others are for the receivers and appenders.
How to run
The following command will start logFaces server using home at local c:\lfs-home directory (on Windows), external port 8050 and single appender port 55200:
docker run -it -p 8050:8050 -p 55200:55200 -v //c/lfs-home:/root/lfs/home moonlits/logfaces
When started for the first time, logFaces server will deploy its default configuration into specified home directory on the host computer. This is where the license file should be placed (including the trial or evaluation licenses). If migrating, the existing /conf directory from your current setup can be copied to the new home (while server is stopped). When started, the server will pick up this location and continue.
See user manual for more details.