An ubuntu-slim/s6-overlay/confd based docker image for running fluentd in Kubernetes pods
A docker image for running fluentd in Kubernetes pods.
Naming convention for images is
- Remove /var/lib/apt/lists/* to save approximately 20MB of image size
- Build confd outside of containers to save 1MB of image size
- Switch from alpine to ubuntu-slim:0.4
- Use jemalloc
- Fluentd 0.14.9
- I had fixed the wrong part of fluent.conf in 0.9.1. Now I've done it right.
- Bump Fluentd to 0.14.2 to fix the issue reported in the metadata filter repo
- Use multiple threads for processing as per a change in GoogleCloudPlatform/google-fluentd
Usage in Kubernetes
# (1) Provide GOOGLE_FLEUNTD_* environments appropriate values # (2) Build the definition for a k8s secret object $ make fluentd.secret.yaml # (3) Create the secret object from the definition $ kubectl create -f fluentd.secret.yaml # (4) Create a fluentd daemonset that reads and depends on the secret $ kubectl create -f fluentd.daemonset.yaml
Docker Pull Command