Ubuntu 16.04 image with recent package upgrades and a few handy packages.
These base images are tagged with the source image build date. The most recent production build will be tagged as latest.
From time-to-time you may see images tagged like
:BRANCH-* where BRANCH identifies the Git source branch where the image was built from. These images are used for internal development purposes only and should not be used production as they may not actually work and may also be removed or updated at any time.
This image includes updates to the official Ubuntu image and adds the following packages:
- tini a simple init manager that can be used to ensure that zombie processes are reaped and that Linux signals are forwarded to sub-processes.
- wget is a tool for downloading files, etc.
- curl is another file download tool.
- jq a JSON parser
- gosu runs command as a specific user.
- apt-transport-https adds support for retrieving APT packages via HTTPS.
- unzip archive utilities