RVM and latest ruby on Alpine Linux and retains build tools
Dockerfile for installing RVM and latest ruby on Alpine Linux and retains build tools
- Version of Alpine Linux is hard-coded in "FROM".
- Version of Ruby is hard-coded in both the Dockerfile and /home/rvm/.profile
- RVM as such isn't the best on this platform. It really only understands non-musl Linux, but it's a useful base for installing.
- Indeed, it still moans about musl's ldd when you log in.
- This image is intended to be used as a base for others, and keeps the compiler, etc. installed. Once ready for production apk del the packages. See alpine-rvm for a version where that has already been done.
Nic Doye - 2016.03.14
Docker Pull Command