Alpine microcontainer with Java
These images are built on nimmis/alpine-micro, which is a modified version of Alpine with a working
init process, and a working cron, logrotate and syslog. Services are started with
runit daemon. For more information, see nimmis/alpine-mico.
Starting the container with a normal shell
docker run -ti nimmis/alpine-java:openjdk-8-jdk /bin/bash
This will start the container with a normal shell. No cron or other systems are started.
Starting the container as a daemon
docker run -d nimmis/alpine-java:openjdk-8-jdk
This will start the container with the init process running. Access the container with:
docker exec -ti <container ID> /bin/bash
Loading different versions of Java
The different version is determined with the TAG.
If you have any problems with or questions about this image, please contact us by submitting a ticket through a GitHub issue.
- Look to see if someone already filled the bug. If not, add a new one.
- Add a good title and description with the following information:
- if possible, a copy of the output from cat /etc/BUILDS/* from inside the container
- any logs relevant to the problem
- how the container was started (flags, environment variables, mounted volumes, etc.)
- any other information that can be helpful
You are invited to contribute new features, fixes, or updates, large or small; we are always thrilled to receive pull requests, and do our best to process them as fast as we can.
This image contains the following versions of Java, the container names are
nimmis/alpine-java:<tag> where tag is: