A fully featured chat bot written in modern Perl and tears. This repository is a deploy-ready image, allowing one to provide a configuration and immediately have a bot ready to use.
The ideal usage of this image is as follows. You may also alter this to use mounted volumes to create something self-contained.
- Create a local directory where you can host your config, log files, and database on the local filesystem
- Create yourdirectory/whatbot.conf using whatbot.conf-example as an example. The configuration is pure JSON
- Set .log.directory to "/whatbot/data"
- Set .database.database to "/whatbot/data/whatbot.db"
- See your given IO module for configuration, if you aren't using IRC.
- Start the container by mounting your local config directory to /whatbot/data:
docker run -v /path/to/your/directory:/whatbot/data -it nmelnick/whatbot
Whatbot will then start, create the local SQLite database, and connect to your configured connections.