This is a docker composer setup
- SugarCRM Version: SugarCE-Full-6.5.25
- Using official php image version 5 with apache
- Mysql version 5
- Local development using Docker Compose
Open following URL with preferred internet browser:
This script will create a clean install of SugarCRM and run's docker compose. After running the init script, all docker images are generated and the container service can be stop and started with below commands.
docker-compose up -d docker-compose down
Post installation for SugarCRM
- After all containers are running open app on http://localhost:8080
- Follow installation setup, do not add sample data.
- Use database name added in docker-compose.yml file
- Use "db-crm" for host name
- Add root as database admin
- Add password indicated in docker-compose.yml file
- Sugar Database User do later with PhpMysqlAdmin Tool or cli (See below known issues)
- Export and
import custom fields/modules
- Import custom templates
- Import *.sql backup file using PhpMysqlAdmin or cli
Let' Encrypt Setup
Keeping things in a safe place, I auto generate the certs in and copy them to AWS S3.
A cron job is then getting the from the S3 location updating it to apache.
The certbot repository will be part of the images
git clone https://github.com/certbot/certbot /usr/local/certbot
Known Issues & Bug's
- During SugarCRM GUI installation, when trying to create new DB user, error message display's.
Reference: Stackoverflow Question, SugarCRM issue 53150
- You can use turn on phpmyadmin for database access, which is accessible through following URL http://localhost:8081
- Use phpInfo.php to confirm all modules are loaded.
- Inside the PHP containter
docker exec -it <container-name> /bin/bash
uname -rms //current linux system
php -m //list loaded modules