Welcome to ASP.NET Core
We've made some big updates in this release, so it’s important that you spend a few minutes to learn what’s new.
You've created a new ASP.NET Core project. Learn what's new
This application consists of:
- Sample pages using ASP.NET Core MVC
- Bower for managing client-side libraries
- Theming using Semantic UI
CSS / JS
This generator uses the Semantic UI bower package. By default it includes the entire Semantic UI .css or .min.css
depending on the environment. You can read the Semantic UI documentation here to learn how to use just the components you need.
In order for Semantic UI validation to play nicely with the jQuery unobtrusive validation, a helper has been added to
hook into the validation calls and update the fields. This module simply highlights the field, and displays a
For a form to be validated, add the
validate-me class. To display the error messages use:
<div asp-validation-summary="All" class="ui error message"></div>
semantic.validation.js is where the magic happens. Upon error (highlight), find the nearest field element and add the error class.
When the error is cleared (unhighlight), remove the error class from the nearest field element.
To assist with menu highlighting depending on the route, a MenuLinkTagHelper class has been included.
- Add a Controller and View
- Add an appsetting in config and access it in app.
- Manage User Secrets using Secret Manager.
- Use logging to log a message.
- Add packages using NuGet.
- Add client packages using Bower.
- Target development, staging or production environment.
- Conceptual overview of what is ASP.NET Core
- Fundamentals of ASP.NET Core such as Startup and middleware.
- Working with Data
- Client side development
- Develop on different platforms
- Read more on the documentation site
Run & Deploy
We would love to hear your feedback