This repository contains a collection of dockerfiles used throughout the Office of National Statistics (ONS) Survey Data Exchange (SDE) project. The root of the repo contains a docker-compose yaml which builds all elements of the SDE project, along with test tools.
For development you'll need something like:
- maven 3
- java 8
- python 3
To get the environment running:
- ./init.sh # clones submodules
- ./update.sh # pulls the latest version of each submodule, runs
mvn packagein the
perkinproject and calls
docker-compose up, the
sde-console app will be exposed on the host ip address (on port 80).
To work on an SDX component:
- check out a separate copy of the component you want to work with (it's easier than dealing with submodules)
- scale the component you want to develop down to zero in the compose setup, e.g.
docker-compose scale sdx-decrypt=0
- build and start the component you're working on and attach it to the network used by the docker compose setup using