To get a working development environment:
git clone --recursive email@example.com:OpenROV/openexplorer.git cd openexplorer cd docker/compose docker-compose up
The initial startup will take up to 15 minutes as the REDIS cache has to be primed from the crowdmap servers.
If you are not yet an admin for OpenExplorer:
- go to https://crowdmap.com and log in with the username/pwd that you use for OE
- click your user picture top left and select Settings
- view the source of this page (In Chrome its Ctrl-U)
- look for the USER_ID that's what you need.
- add your user id to: application/config/admins.php
- If you tried to login to your local instance before, you shoud clear you chache as some information is stored in the session
Setting the environment up
Your database is not populated with approved expedition(s), so we need to go and set it up.
- go to http://localhost:8888/admin and log in
- create a new expedition with a background post
- go back to http://localhost:8888/admin
- your expedition should be on the top, check all the 3 check boxes Approved, Featured on Map and Main Feature
Visit http://localhost:8888/ to view the site.
Accessing the database
docker exec -ti compose_mysql_1 mysql -u oeadmin -popenexplorer2016 openexplorer
Accessing the REDIS
docker exec -ti compose_redis_1 redis-cli
Accessing the NGINX environment
docker exec -ti compose_openexplorer_1 bash
Testing and staging environments are managed through https://cloud.docker.com/ under the accound badevguru.
The nodes are hosted on DigitalOcean.
Deployment is handeled through the git tags testing and staging are observerd by Docker Hub which builds new docker images.
These images getting automatically deployed to the respective environment on Docker Cloud.
Updating testing/staging tags
Tag the current code locally:
git tag -f -a testing -m "Update tag to new version"
Deleting remote tag:
git push origin --delete testing
Push new tag:
git push origin --tags