Learning circles are study groups that meet weekly to work through an online course.
This application is intended to help learners and facilitators to run learning circles. It also offers an overview of all learning circles.
- learn more about what a learning circle is
- see a list of learning circles
- sign up for a learning circle using either email of or a mobile number
- RSVP for weekly learning circle meetings
- See who signed up for a learning circle.
- Send messages to learners
- Customize automatic weekly reminders
- Update details for a learning circle meeting
- See who is coming to a learning circle meeting
- Capture feedback for a learning circle meeting
- see feedback from facilitators
- see what meetings are happening each week
- receive weekly updates on what happened in learning circles the previous week
- manage courses
- manage study groups
- manage facilitators
For complete documentation on installing and using this software, see our online documentation here.
Setup for development
The following commands will setup a local django environment that you can use for development. It assumes that you have python 2.7 available and set as the default python version.
virtualenv venv source venv/bin/activate pip install -r requirements.txt python manage.py syncdb python manage.py runserver
npm install ./node_modules/.bin/webpack --config webpack.config.js --watch
Generate strings for translation
python manage.py makemessages -l es -l fr -i venv python manage.py makemessages -l es -l fr -i venv -i node_modules -i assets/dist/* -i docs -d djangojs -e jsx,js
Translation is done using Transifex