Source at: sebdah/dynamic-dynamodb
<a href="http://dynamic-dynamodb.readthedocs.org/en/latest/"><img src="https://readthedocs.org/projects/dynamic-dynamodb/badge/?version=latest"></a>
AWS NoSQL database DynamoDB is a great service, but it lacks automated throughput scaling. This is where Dynamic DynamoDB enters the stage. It provides automatic read and write provisioning for DynamoDB.
All you need to do is to tell Dynamic DynamoDB is at which point and how much you want to scale up or down your DynamoDB tables. An example is in place. Let’s say you have way more traffic on your database during sales hours 4pm - 10pm. DynamicDB can monitor the increased throughput on your DynamoDB instance (via CloudWatch) and provision more throughput as needed. When the load is reducing Dynamic DynamoDB will sence that and automatically reduce your provisioning.
Features in short
- Scale up and down DynamoDB automatically
- Restrict scaling to certain time slots
- Monitor multiple DynamoDB tables at the same time
- Gives you control over how much reads and writes you want to scale up and down with
- Dynamic DynamoDB has support for max and min limits so that you always knows how much money you spend at most and how much capacity you can be guaranteed
- Support for circuit breaker API call. If your service is experiencing disturbances, Dynamic DynamoDB will not scale down your DynamoDB tables
Project documentation is hosted at dynamic-dynamodb.readthedocs.org.
Based on Alpine Linux, size approx. 55M.
docker run --rm peopleperhour/dynamic-dynamodb
APACHE LICENSE 2.0
Copyright 2013-2014 Sebastian Dahlgren
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
limitations under the License.