An online version is available at http://isnogood.de:8080/
What is this?
kindleBridge is a docker/nodejs based service to convert URLs reveived in an email into an eBook reader-friendly format (and optionally forward it to the eBook reader, again, by email).
- output can be pdf or mobi (mobi needs an external binary in the programs root folder)
- basic feedback about results on webpage
- interaction with the program is usually a single email
To dispatch the service as is, you would need
- docker 0.13 installed (outside of docker-compose, node >= 7.5 is required. Using docker: Be careful, the image is big, under the hood this sets up an xserver on a framebuffer device inside the container.)
- a domain for receiving emails and the MX pointing to Mailgun
- a Mailgun.com account and email-routing / webhooks set up (target for both: HOST:PORT/addToKindle)
- the kindlegen binary for linux (located at /usr/local/bin/kindlegen)
In it's default configuration, the program expects the following variables configured in a .env file (in project's root folder)
- MAILGUN_API_KEY (account for sending and receiving emails)
- EMAIL_DOMAIN (the domain)
- CONTACT_EMAILADDR (your email)
- SEED (some random string for deterministic crypto)
This project is released under the terms of the MIT license. See LICENSE for more information.