Quickserve is a very simple HTTP server written in Python that is intended for quickly sharing files on an ad-hoc basis. Aside from opening a port in your firewall if you have one, quickserve requires no set-up and should work with no hassle.
Quickserve can serve single files or entire directories by simply passing it paths on the command line. It can also accept a list of files to share with the "--filelist" option. It is even possible to enable uploads using the "--upload" option, which accepts a directory path as its argument.
- Simple (simple to use, simple to understand the code)
- Support for file and filter lists
- Upload support
- HTTP Digest Authentication
- HTTPS with client certificates for secure connections
- Multicast support for automatic detection of other Quickserve servers
As of quickserve-2013, the backend has been completely rewritten and moved to python3-threaded_servers.