Yet Another Dockerized CouchDB.
Put the couch in a docker container and ship it anywhere.
This is the RaceHub fork! We forked to publish a stable, versioned container for the Dokku CouchDB plugin.
If you're looking for a CouchDB with SSL support you can check out klaemo/couchdb-ssl
[sudo] docker pull racehub/couchdb:latest # expose it to the world on port 5984 [sudo] docker run -d -p 5984:5984 --name couchdb racehub/couchdb
- built on top of the solid and small
- exposes CouchDB on port
5984of the container
- runs everything as user
- docker volumes for data, logs and config
The previous version of this image used to come with a process manager to keep
CouchDB running. As of Docker 1.2 you can use the
--restart flag to accomplish this.
Build your own
You can use
racehub/couchdb as the base image for your own couchdb instance.
You might want to provide your own version of the following files:
FROM racehub/couchdb ADD local.ini /usr/local/etc/couchdb/
and then build and run
[sudo] docker build -t you/awesome-couchdb . [sudo] docker run -d -p 5984:5984 -v ~/couchdb:/usr/local/var/lib/couchdb you/awesome-couchdb
Some nice additional tasks would be:
- Version tags as CouchDB gets upgraded inside the Dockerfile
- Add version tags to the CouchDB plugin
- Turn the Docker Hub repo into a trusted build, built directly off of this repo
- A tutorial on how to bind the internal persistence volume to a data container for backups