A Webserver in Express & Angular on Node & Alpine inside Docker
by Collective Acuity
- Alpine Edge (OS)
- NodeJS 4.2.6 LTS (Environment)
- Express 3.21.2 (Server)
- Docker (Provisioning)
- Bitbucket (Version Control)
- LocalTunnel (Secure Tunnel)
- PyCharm (IDE)
- Google Drive(Sync, Backup)
- Shell Script
- Express in a Container
- Local Credential Controls
- Lean Footprint
- Tunnel Ready for Testing
- EC2 Ready for Deployment
- Install Docker Toolbox on Local Device
- Install Git on Local Device
- Clone/Fork Repository from Version Control service
- Create a /cred Folder in Root to Store Tokens
- [Optional] Create a New Private Remote Repository
Creates container with required volumes and starts app on a node server
- Container Alias
- Container Port
- Mapped Volumes
- Initial Command
- Container Root Folder Name (if AWS EC2 deployment with awsDocker module)
- Virtualbox Name (if Windows or Mac localhost)
Initiates an automated build command on Docker to update base image
- Docker Image Name
- Token from Docker Build Settings
- Environment Variable File (in cred/)
Initiates a secure tunnel from local device to endpoint on localtunnel.me
- Container Alias
The Git and Docker repos contain all the configuration for deployment to AWS.
Google Drive or Dropbox can be used to synchronize files across multiple devices.
Use AWS IAM to assign user permissions and create keys for each collaborator.
Collaborators are required to install dependencies on their local device.
Repo should be FORKED by collaborators so reality is controlled by one admin.
New dependencies should be added to the Dockerfile, NOT to the repo files.
Collaborators should test changes to Dockerfile locally before merging to remote:
docker build -t test-image .
.gitignore and .dockerignore have already been installed in key locations.
To prevent unintended file proliferation through version control & provisioning,
add/edit .gitignore and .dockerignore to include all new:
- local environments folders
- localhost dependencies
- configuration files with credentials and local variables