Python 2.7 with HDF5, PyTables, Pandas and NumPy installed
Dockerfile for image
Update: I recommend using feather for persisting Pandas DataFrames instead of HDF5.
- Python 2.7 (linked to update with official image)
- HDF5 (quite cumbersome to install from source)
- PyTables (requires HDF5 installed)
- NumPy (compiling takes some time)
- Pandas (requires pytables for hdf5-files and compiling takes some time)
All taken care of...
Build on top of this image with a Dockerfile like this:
FROM rcsa/python2-hdf5:latest ENV PYTHONUNBUFFERED 1 RUN mkdir /code WORKDIR /code ADD requirements.txt /code/ RUN pip install -r requirements.txt ADD . /code/ EXPOSE 5000 CMD ["python", "app.py"]
and app.py like this (see here):
import pandas as pd #persist dataframe with pd.HDFStore('file.h5') as store: store['key'] = pd.DataFrame() #load dataframe with pd.HDFStore('file.h5') as store: df = store['key']
Docker Pull Command