An application for planning which courses to take and which year to take them in.
Please refer to the <a href="https://github.com/rit-sse/CoursePlanner-/wiki" target="_blank">github wiki</a> for more information on dev environment setup and other info
<a href="https://rit-sse.github.io/CoursePlanner-/docs/gen/index.html" target="_blank">Auto generated code documentation here!</a>
Getting Started (like, from the very very beginning):
- Install NodeJS and MongoDB on your computer. This probably means you run sudo apt install nodejs mongodb on ubuntu
- The app is currently on version 6.10.1 of node
- Open a terminal, go to the project directory
- Execute npm install
- Next, I think you need to install gulp and bower globally via npm, so run
npm install -g gulpand
npm install -g bower
- Run bower install to install the frontend dependencies
- Next, run gulp to "build" the code
- If you are starting from an empty database, you also need to run
npm run setupSchools, which will run a script to populate the database with all the schools in the U.S.
- Run npm start to start your server