tiny repo will include several parts of the same project (trying to put as many containers on the same host):
- tiny.go is a Golang small program to return at http call the port name as assigned as command line parameter.
- build.sh is the command line to run to build the tiny static binary.
- tiny is the result of the tiny.go static compiled using Musl and Golang 1.5 inside golang:1.5-alpine container.
- tiny.sha256sum is the SHA256SUM file for my static compiled file (you are free to regenerate yours).
- Dockerfile needed to generate the rolinux/tiny Docker container.
Further information on how to use the Docker container will be provided in future commits.
First attempt was to hardcode the port name and return the hostname (container assigned ID) over http call. Unfortunately the default docker0 bridge or the bridge one has an 1024 limit (not allowing you more than 1023 containers).
Second attempt is to assign the port dynamically so we can use '-net=host' and avoid any bridge setup.