Build an optimized reusable apache tomcat 8 docker images for development and production.
See example and full description: Apache Tomcat 8 docker image source
- use minimal ubuntu and java8 base images (work in progress)
- inject libs and wars as volumes (data container)
- deploy the manager app and generate password at start
- clean up installation and remove examples and unused *.bat, .. files.
- squash footprint and clean up build artefacts
- use a nicer access log pattern :-)
- use a cleanup server.xml without comments
- use separate executor
- setup HTTP (8080) and AJP (8009) connectors and expose ports
- currently not support APR Connectors or configure other then standard NIO
- reuse existing cool ideas from other nice guys. Many thanks;)
This is a squash version of rossbachp/apache-tomcat8
Docker Pull Command