OpenArena server - docker image
This is a docker image with an OpenArena server. This image utilizing OpenArena 0.8.8's features. This can be both good and bad.
This image is good if:
- You want to host an OpenArena 0.8.8 server
- You want an image that works out of the box
- You want an image that is easy to configure.
This image is not good if:
- You want to host a server with a mod not based of OpenArena 0.8.8
To run do something like:
docker run -it -e "OA_STARTMAP=dm4ish" -e "OA_PORT=27960" --rm -p 27960:27960/udp -v openarena_data:/data sago007/openarena
Be warned that all three port numbers must be changed if you want to run on another port and have the game appear in the server list.
To change the config you can start a bash instance with:
docker run -it --rm -v openarena_data:/data --user 0 sago007/openarena bash
And then do:
apt-get install -y vim vim /data/openarena/baseoa/server_config_sample.cfg
On server start the following files will be created in "/data/openarena/baseoa" if they do not exist:
maps_ctf.cfg maps_dd.cfg maps_dm.cfg maps_dom.cfg maps_elimination.cfg maps_harvester.cfg maps_lms.cfg maps_obelisk.cfg maps_oneflag.cfg maps_tdm.cfg maps_tourney.cfg server_config_sample.cfg
You can edit them to suit your need... or keep them
There are 3 variables that can be set:
- OA_STARTMAP - The the first map that the server loads (default oasago2)
- OA_PORT - The port that the game listens on (default 27960)
- OA_ROTATE_LOGS - Should the log be rotated? (default 1 = true)
If the environment OA_ROTATE_LOGS is set to "1" (witch is the default value) then "games.log" will be rotated up to once a day if the size exceeds ~50 MB. The logs will only be rotated on startup/restart. Old logs will be stored in the format "games.log.YYYY-MM-DD.gz" (this is the reason that we can only store once a day).