Stockalyze allows investors to visualize the risk and return of any stock.
- Stock return information is pulled from Yahoo Finance
- Users may view the risk and return measured over a 1-year, 3-year, or 5-year period.
- All calculations are based on monthly data. Data will be shown since IPO and may be shorter than the period selected.
- You may enter stocks individually or multiple stocks comma delimited
Stockalyze is designed to run on a users local computer. The steps below will get the system running correctly.
- npm install
- npm start
- navigate to localhost:3000
If you have Docker, you can run the application by spinning up a container. The commands below will start a container. The first, will bind to a port selected by Docker (you will need to run docker ps to see which port). The second will bind to port 3000. If you are running on a Mac or Windows, you will need to lookup the IP address by using docker-machine ip. Then navigate to ip-address:3000 (or the port chosen by Docker).
- docker run -d -P samhagan/stockalyze
- docker run -d -p 3000:3000 samhagan/stockalyze