Includes dotnet watch for live reloading your application when a file is changed.
How to use it:
- Create a .Net core web application. Make sure that project.json contains a reference to the dotnet watch tool:
- Add a docker file containing
ENV ASPNETCORE_SERVER.URLS http://*:2001
ENV ASPNETCORE_ENVIRONMENT Development
- Build the project docker image
docker build -t MyApplication .
- Run the application by mapping the application folder (containing project.json) to the container /app and map the listening http port (2001 in this example)
docker run -it -v %cd%:/app -p 2001:2001 MyApplication
- The application will start and dotnet watch will executed. Any changes made to the source code outside the docker container will trigger a recompilation of the application inside the container.
The image source can be found at: