last updated: 20151014 -> resolved data volume
notes: we have removed the registered docker-nessus-data image from hub.docker.com after discovering a key-chain issue during testing registration of the product.
Project URL: https://github.com/cleanerbot/docker-nessus
Docker registry: https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/sometheycallme/docker-nessus
Containerized Vulnerability Scanner
This image is an implementation of Tenable Nessus' Vulnerability Scanner
To implement required Nessus data volumes, build docker-nessus-data locally before registering the license and storing product configuration items.
What we have successfully implemented
- Run nessusd on Centos
- Run nessusd in foreground
- Expose 8834 outside container
- Access Nessus console via web UI
- Add a license key to the image (requires registration w/ Tenable)
- Commit the additions to create a licensed Nessus image in your enterprise
- Once again here are the procedures
What we are doing next:
- Debugging moving container around (orchestration)
- Creating an API Wrapper to get data out of Nessus and into our Splunk SIEM (data grabber image)
Note: Respect the license: Nessus requires YOUR activation and keys.