Stellar's base container, from debian:jessie.
- wget - for grabbing stuff
- software-properties-common - for easy use of PPAs
- confd - for building configuration files
- init - a copy of lovely_touching for handling PID 1
- /cores - a place to put core dumps when they happen
- /logs - a common place for any non-stdout logging
Intended to be used as a base image so no need to run it directly.
Just include a
FROM stellar/base:latest in your Dockerfile.
Typically we leverage confd by first adding our config files and templates to the default location:
ADD confd /etc/confd
Then kicking off a one time run just before starting the container's main process:
confd -onetime -backend=env