Jekyl 3.0 (BETA) running in a Docker container
What's in the container?
Well, this is a running target, but for now:
- Ubuntu 14.04 including native build environment (build-essential)
- Python 2.7.6
- Ruby 2.2
- NodeJS 0.12.7
- Jekyll 3.0.0 beta 8 with various plugins
When using in interactive mode with the settings from 'start.sh':
## change directory to the mount point cd /project ## generate skeleton in new subdirectory demo (must be done only once) ## ## If you wish to install jekyll into the current directory, you can do so by ## alternatively running "jekyll new ." instead of a new directory name jekyll new demo cd demo ## IMPORTANT: serve website on all ips jekyll serve -H 0.0.0.0
The setting -H 0.0.0.0 is necessary, otherwise you won't see anything from outside the container. If you use jekyll in interactive mode you can call just
js which is an alias for
jekyll serve -H 0.0.0.0.
Now navigate from outside to
127.0.0.1:4000 and you will see the generated website.
- customize _config.yml in the project directory (email, site title etc.pp.)
- check the sources of some sites using Jekyll
- Highlighter pygments doesn't well behave on slow systems (it crashes jekyll with some weird error message). Environment variable MENTOS_TIMEOUT can be used to give the highlighter more time for its job. This image sets MENTOS_TIMEOUT to 20 (default:8) in