pythondev - Python Development
Summary - Greg's Python Development Environment
This is a collection of a few things that I require to do development with python.
- git - Git is installed, and setup for me, specifically:
- git config --global user.name "Greg Fausak"
- git config --global user.email email@example.com
- git config --global core.editor vi
- git config --global push.default simple
- python - a basic 2.7 python environment
- pip - python installations
- grip - to view README.md markup before checkin
- gfausak - a user named gfausak:staff is setup, complete with a generated ssh key.
- ubuntu:14.04 - base container
- 5000 - for grip.
docker run -p 5000:5000 -it --rm tacodata/pythondev /bin/bash
This runs the development environment in a container, mapping port 5000 through to our host (for grip).
I could use grip to view this file before checking it in to github to make sure the
markdown is correct. Inside the container I would run:
from the directory that contains the README.md file. Then, on a browser I could go to the hosts's IP:5000 to
view what the web page would look like (when it is hosted on github).