Tor client (Socks proxy ) version 0.3.2.10 - 28MB image - Tor client image qualified for Docker on Synology NAS. This Docker image launch a Tor client with a Socks proxy on port 9150 (SocksPort 0.0.0.0:9150).
OS : Alpine Linux 3.2 - http://alpinelinux.org - Alpine Linux is a security-oriented, lightweight Linux distribution based on musl libc and busybox.
Tor : version 0.3.2.10
- In the Synology NAS admin interface, launch Docker package
- In the registry tab, search for the image (search for "tor client") and double click to download
- When the download is finished, in the image tab, select the tor-client image and launch to create the container.
- Choose a container name and add port settings : local port (9150) and container port (9150)
- Click "Next" and adjust ressource limitation if you want. Click "Next" then click "Apply"
- Launch the container.
- To use, configure your browser/client to use a SOCKS server with the IP of the NAS and server port: 9150. (Use TorBrowser and change connection settings in preferences panel)
- Your Tor client is running.