a stupid nginx load balancer to be used with docker
- There is only one public IP
- Try multiple docker containers
- Get config from a git repo
- improvements and clean up
Not Production Ready, STUPID PIECE OF CODE
nginx-lb uses a number of open source projects to work properly:
- [nginx] - nginx [engine x] is an HTTP and reverse proxy server.
- [supervisord] - Supervisord allows users to monitor and control UNIX processes .
docker-nginx-lb is very easy to install and deploy in a Docker container.
By default, the Docker will expose port 80, so change this within the Dockerfile if necessary. When ready, simply use the Dockerfile to build the image.
docker run --name nlb01 -d -p 80:80 --restart="always" trydock/docker-nginx-lb:latest
This will launch the 'docker-nginx-lb'.
Verify the 'docker-nginx-lb' is online by navigating to your server address in your preferred browser.