When you've pulled the twyn/ora2pg image, you're almost ready to go. Here's a basic step-by-step instruction for the best possible using experience.
Create a volume for your container:
- Create the directory
- mkdir /tmp/ora2pg && mkdir /tmp/ora2pg/data
- Make sure you've set the right permissions (better run everything as root/admin)
- chmod 777 -R /tmp/ora2pg
- This directory shall act as the bridge between your host system and your container
Start the container:
- Go right to bash of the container and make sure to mount the volume
- docker run -i -t --rm --privileged=true -v /tmp/ora2pg/data:/data --name ora2pg twyn/ora2pg /bin/bash
- Go into the data directory
- cd data
- You're in the container now (and thus in the remote folder /tmp/ora2pg/data on your host system, too), use ora2pg on your behalf
How to use ora2pg:
- Create a new ora2pg project or use the existing sample one
- ora2pg --project_base /data --init_project ora2pg_your_project
- Make changes to the projects according to your needs
- Run your ora2pg operations, check https://ora2pg.darold.net for more documentation on ora2pg
- You can see your changes in the /data folder in the /tmp/ora2pg/data directory of your host system
thank you for your work.
Could we have access to your Dockerfile or could you please install the perl DBD::Pg module, it would be great ^^.