Dwarf Fortress Docker Linux Lazy Newb Pack LinuxLNP-0.44.09-r01
One very specific and mouse-trappy way to get Dwarf Fortress running
in Docker on my host machine. Also shows how to get access to video
acceleration for some apps.
docker build -t ubergarm/dwarf-fortress .
XSOCK=/tmp/.X11-unix XAUTH=/tmp/.docker.xauth xauth nlist :0 | sed -e 's/^..../ffff/' | xauth -f $XAUTH nmerge - chmod 664 $XAUTH docker run --rm -it \ -e DISPLAY \ -v $XAUTH:$XAUTH \ -v $XSOCK:$XSOCK \ -e XAUTHORITY=$XAUTH \ -v "$PWD"/save:/df/LinuxLNP-0.44.09-r01/df_linux/data/save \ --device /dev/nvidia0 \ --device /dev/nvidiactl \ --device /dev/nvidia-uvm \ --device /dev/snd \ --privileged \ ubergarm/dwarf-fortress
--privileged and video devices are only needed for Dwarf Therapist
After getting into the container:
- Use PyLNP to set graphics etc, but don't launch, just exit
- Manually start Dwarf Fortress backgrounded e.g.
- Manually start Dwarf Therapist after your game is running
- [ ] remove unneeded dependencies
- [ ] figure out why launching from PyLNP crashes X - lol