The Complete Open Source Chat Solution
Checkout the latest version at https://demo.rocket.chat
Available from the AppStore:
Get the app for your Android phone:
Now compatible with all Android devices as old as version 4.0.x - dowload here.
Try it on Ubuntu:
Try it with docker:
and check it out at http://localhost:80
Download the Native Cross-Platform Desktop Application at Rocket.Chat.Electron
It is a great solution for communities and companies wanting to privately host their own chat service or for developers looking forward to build and evolve their own chat platforms.
On the News
Yes, we made it to the #1
Your own open source Slack-like chat
Para los programadores que quieran ofrecer un chat en su web
Un chat de código abierto que puedes añadir a la web
- BYOS (bring your own server)
- Multiple Rooms
- Direct Messages
- Private Groups
- Public Channels
- Desktop Notifications
- Sent Message Edit and Deletion
- Transcripts / History
- File Upload / Sharing
- Full text search
- Support for Okta SSO through SAML v2
- Live chat / Messaging call center - Alpha testing now! Issue #519
- I18n - Supports 22 Languages Internationalization with Lingohub
- Hubot Friendly - Hubot Integration Project
- Media Embeds
- Link Previews
- LDAP Authentication - LDAP Authentication on Rocket.Chat Wiki
- Face to Face Video Conferencing aka WebRTC (Alpha) - How to video chat
- REST APIs - Ready for testing ...
- Remote Locations Video Monitoring - Early access ...
- Native Cross-Platform Desktop Application Rocket.Chat.Electron - HELP WANTED
- Mobile app for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch Download on AppStore!
- Mobile app for Android phone, tablet, and TV stick Available now on Google Play!
- Native iOS Application Rocket.Chat.iOS - HELP WANTED
- Native Android Application Issue #271 - HELP WANTED
- Off-the-Record (OTR) Messaging Issue #36 - HELP WANTED
- Kerberos Authentication
- XMPP Multi-user chat (MUC)
Github Issues are used to track todos, bugs, feature requests, and more.
The docker image is ready.
Everyone can start hacking the adapter code, or launch his/her own bot within a few minutes now.
Please head over to the Hubot Integration Project for more information.
Many, many, many more to come!
We are developing the APIs based on the competition, so stay tunned and you will see a lot happening here.
Checkout Github Wiki (coming soon)
Unbuntu VPS or server
Follow these deployment instructions.
Solid five-nines deployment with industry workhorse FreeBSD (coming soon).
Ubuntu Software Center
Easy one click install right from your Ubuntu Desktop (coming soon).
Use the automated build at our Official Docker Registry
docker pull rocketchat/rocket.chat
Host your own Rocket.Chat server for FREE with One-Click Deploy
Now just clone and start the app:
git clone https://github.com/RocketChat/Rocket.Chat.git cd Rocket.Chat meteor
or use docker:
git clone https://github.com/RocketChat/Rocket.Chat.git cd Rocket.Chat docker run -it -p 3000:3000 -v "$(pwd)":/app danieldent/meteor
Emoji provided free by Emoji One
Performance monitoring provided by Kadira
We Need Your Help!
A lot of work has already gone into Rocket.Chat, but we have much bigger plans for it!
We are experimenting Lingohub.
If you want to help, send an email to support at rocket.chat to be invited to the translation project.
Note that Rocket.Chat is distributed under the MIT License.
Rocket.Chat will be free forever, but you can help us speed-up the development!