simplified docker build for the errbot xmpp bot
Docker container for errbot
Both the existing errbot docker containers are a little buggy and complicated. This is my simplifed errbot docker container. It is tuned for the xmpp backend at present but shouldn't be too hard to get other backends working.
What it does
- Bot runs under non-root user
- Bot exposes data and plugin directories as volumes
- Bot exposes core configuration variables as envrioment variables
What it still needs to do
- Expose more as envrioment variables
- Use virtualenv rather than global install for errbot (makes plugin auto-dependencies magic easier)
sudo docker run -e ERRBOT_USERNAMEfirstname.lastname@example.org -e ERRBOT_PASSWORD=changeme -e ERRBOT_ADMINSemail@example.com webpigeon/errbot
- /home/errbot -> config.py is here, but you should use envrioment variables rather than change this.
- /home/errbot/data -> data volume
- /home/errbot/plugins -> plugin volume
Docker Pull Command