A base image for Ubuntu-based Docker images.
This Vagrant vm helps me to manage:
- building s6
- building the smebberson/ubuntu-base image
Setup the vagrant machine by running
vagrant up --provider=vmware_fusion. This will get you a VM running a pretty basic version of Ubuntu with:
- Docker (latest at the time of build)
- installed packages
The following describes the various scripts included in this repository to help build s6 and the docker image.
To build S6
There are some scripts to help with this process. Once you're SSH'd into the machine:
- to build the musil static compiler,
- to build the skalibs package,
- to build the execline package,
- and finally to build s6,
There will be a new
.tar.gz file in
/vagrant/dist/ containing statically compiled s6 binaries.