- Tabs for multiple teams
- Desktop Notification
- Windows 10: Toast
- Windows 7-8.1: Balloon (fallback behavior, so lesser support)
- OS X: Notification Center
- Linux: libnotify (Electron's notification spec)
- Badges for unread channels and mention
- Resident application
You don't have to install any other software.
Packages are available at release page.
Detailed guides are available at docs/setup.md.
- Download and unarchive a file from release page.
electron-mattermostin the unarchived folder.
- After first launching, please input name and URL for your Mattermost team. For example,
myteam : http://mattermost.example.com/team.
Ctrl or Command + Q to quit.
You can show the dialog from menu bar.
(On Windows, please press Alt key to show the menu bar.)
Configuration will be saved into Electron's userData directory:
~/Library/Application Support/electron-mattermoston OS X
Normally, the application will follow your system settings to use proxy.
Or you can set proxy by following command line options.
Note: Authorization is not supported yet.
Testing and Development
Node.js is required to test this app.
- Clone or download the source code.
When you edit
src/** files, please execute
npm run build before
npm run watch
Reload the app automatically when you have saved source codes.
Run tests with Mocha.
You can package this app with following commands. Packages will be created in
$ npm run package (for your platform) $ npm run package:windows (Requires Windows or Wine) $ npm run package:osx (Requires OS X or Linux) $ npm run package:linux $ npm run package:all (Packages for all platform)